Questionnaires can contain questions about the relationship type. To create a relationship type field, go to Admin > Object questionnaires and click Add field. If you add a field with 'Relationship' as its type, you will see the following input screen:
Fill in this screen as complete as possible. Sometimes an object has 20 relationships and the relationship type question only shows four relationships. Although it may seem that the relationship type question should give more answers, this situation may well occur for the following reason.
The relationship type question only shows the relationships that meet the specific requirements.
As the image above shows, you need to choose:
- a target object definition
- a relationship definition and
- a label (optional, not entering anything gives an empty label).
Only if all these items match the relationship established, then this relationship is visible in the relationship type field.
Suppose you have the following four 'used by' relationships:
- relationship 1 runs from object type: business actor to object type: business process and has "A" as a Label
- relationship 2 runs from object type: business actor to object type: business process and has "B" as a Label
- relationship 3 runs from object type: business actor to object type: business process and no label
- relationship 4 runs from object type: business process to object type: business actor and label "A"
and the following completed relationship type field:
The above relationships all contain elements that match the completed relationship type field. However, the relationship type field will only show the relationship A, because all requirements are satisfied here: the relationship has the correct direction and relationship type, the correct object types and places are present, and the relationship has the right label.
Note: We recommend that relationship type questionnaire fields should not be used for BPMN objects, for example, Task, User Task, and similar.