It can come in very handy to use a hyperlink in a free shape or textbox on canvas so you can connect with the information placed elsewhere. With one simple click, you can get to the required information. Within BlueDolphin, this is possible for Architecture and BPMN views.
Rules of thumb
- It is possible to add links to text boxes and shapes
- Only a link is clickable (no alternative text)
- The link will be clickable as soon as you type (or copy-paste) something that begins with one the options below and hit the spacebar:
- The clickable link looks like a 'normal' hyperlink and will have the following characteristics:
- It has to be and remain blue
- It has to be underlined
- When hovering above the link, the mouse icon is a white hand and shows the message: CTRL + click to open link.
- To open a link in the view, click the link once or, alternatively, click CTRL and the link at the same time. For Mac, click Option/Alt instead of CTRL. This is needed because double-click will enter the edit mode and increase the chance of accidentally clicking (especially long) URLs.
- The link opens in a new tab