Conditional layout can be defined from the Views tab in BlueDolphin. You can use it to create a clear and immediately recognizable visual differentiation depending on the values of object properties (or relationship properties between objects) in the toolbox.
Conditional layout provides a color view that depends on the filtering of property options. So, if there are five different options for one property of an object, there will be six colors.
Below you will find an explanation on how to create a conditional layout based on two examples.
1. First, click and then the plus sign . You will see the pop-up screen for adding a new condition.
2. Give the conditional layout a title.
3. Next, choose the values based on which you want to filter the layout. There are two options, which we will explain through specific examples below:
Up to date
Create an object property in the form of a questionnaire that indicates whether an application is up-to-date or not.
- Choose Object field in the first dropdown menu
- For the second option, you will have to select the value on which you want to create the layout. In this dropdown menu, the standard values are object properties and Data Dictionary Term Description. These values will be extended with the values from the questionnaires which are part of the object definition. In this example, we will use the questionnaire Update.
- In the third dropdown menu, you have to select the field Update from the questionnaire update.
An object used by an actor relationship
Create a 'used by' relationship combination between objects and an actor.
1. In the first dropdown menu, choose Relationship type.
2. For the second option, choose the object where the relationship starts.
3. For the third dropdown menu, choose the type of a relationship.
4. For the fourth dropdown menu, choose the object to which the relationship goes.
After you have defined the conditional layout, you can go back to the settings via the button . Activate one condition at a time via check mark. When the conditional layout is activated, you can activate parts of the layout via the legend by pressing the value you want to see or hide. It will light up if activated and get faded if not activated. See the video below.