Indus.1 Release notes (November 13, 2023)Featured
The next BlueDolphin release, Indus.1, is out!
Changes in the saving behavior of conditional layout
Until now, a conditional layout applied by any user was saved even when applied in view mode. This resulted in unexpected outcomes for other viewers.
The saving strategy will be changed in this release. The new approach would work like this:
- A conditional layout applied is only saved on the view if the view is in edit mode
- When a user is in view mode and applies a conditional layout, it is not saved on the view. It does not matter if the user is the owner of the view or not
- When a user opens the view, they see the last conditional layout applied and saved by the owner in edit mode
- When a user refreshes the view in view mode, they see the last conditional layout applied and saved by the owner in edit mode
- User can apply any conditional layout in view mode and view the applied results and it will remain same until the screen is refreshed
- Shared views work the same as a public view. A collaborator can apply and save a conditional layout only in edit mode
Spider tool enhancement
Objects added to a view using the spider tool now remain selected after they have been added. This is consistent with adding objects using the 'Add existing' control
- If you added a conditional layout to a view and then republished it, then that conditional layout will be available in the dropdown list of that view
- When a shared view is saved as another view, any locks from the original shared view are removed, allowing the second user to edit
- When a collaborator (user) is deleted from BlueDolphin, any locks they had on their shared views are also removed, allowing other collaborators (who are still active in BlueDolphin) to contribute to those shared views
- When the name of a relationship type questionnaire field is changed, the object history now shows this change
- If a business process has an official process and that business process object is added as a child object using the context menu, the official process now appears as a linked view
- When an object definition is disabled, any of its archived objects are not shown in JasperSoft reporting
Q4 2023 Outlook
As shared on the Q3 product webinar and on the previous release post, the Q4 2023 releases will primarily be focused on improving the stability of the platform and migrating to both a new front-end framework (React) as well as a back-end architecture (to AKS).
Please sign in to leave a comment.