Support easy actor replacement in swimlane in BPMN diagramPlanned
- What is your wish?
Ability to easily change the actor linked to an existing swimlane in a BPMN diagram
- What is the problem you encounter?
If you have modelled a BPMN-diagram, including an actor and swimlane with BPMN-symbols, later you might want to change the actor. For instance: a decision was made to delegate the activities, or shift to another role, or in the actormodelling you decide to split a certain actor in various roles.
- In that case, currently, you:
- Add the actor to the process and create new swimlane
- Manually shift all the activities and other BPMN-symbols to the new swimlane
- Remove the swimlane and old actor from the process
- Why do you want this wish?
This is quite some manual work! Especially when the actorchange impacts a number of processes.
- Do you have a workaround? And if so, what is it?
- How would you ideally solve the problem?
Scenario 1: Ability to edit BPMN-diagram, click on the actor and have an option 'Change to other actor' . Click, select actor, swimlane actor name is updated, done.
- Scenario 2: Bulk change (but lets start with scenario 1, hopefully sometime before 2030)
- How big is the problem on a scale from 1 to 5?
(1 = it would be nice, but definitely not necessary,
5 = I can't work another day without it).
Please sign in to leave a comment.