Support easy actor replacement in swimlane in BPMN diagramPlanned
- What is your wish?
Ability to easily change the actor linked to an existing swimlane in a BPMN diagram
- What is the problem you encounter?
If you have modelled a BPMN-diagram, including an actor and swimlane with BPMN-symbols, later you might want to change the actor. For instance: a decision was made to delegate the activities, or shift to another role, or in the actormodelling you decide to split a certain actor in various roles.
- In that case, currently, you:
- Add the actor to the process and create new swimlane
- Manually shift all the activities and other BPMN-symbols to the new swimlane
- Remove the swimlane and old actor from the process
- Why do you want this wish?
This is quite some manual work! Especially when the actorchange impacts a number of processes.
- Do you have a workaround? And if so, what is it?
- How would you ideally solve the problem?
Scenario 1: Ability to edit BPMN-diagram, click on the actor and have an option 'Change to other actor' . Click, select actor, swimlane actor name is updated, done.
- Scenario 2: Bulk change (but lets start with scenario 1, hopefully sometime before 2030)
- How big is the problem on a scale from 1 to 5?
(1 = it would be nice, but definitely not necessary,
5 = I can't work another day without it).
Hi Roeland Loggen,
Thanks for posting your wish, and using the entire wish format!
The feature you describe is included in the new, upcoming version of the BPMN editor.
This functionality is prospected to be released over multiple releases, starting in Q2.
Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
But, see also this wish:
Dank, dubbel dus. Jouw voorstel al weer 2 jaar oud. Heb er ook bij gepost.0
I definitely agree with this wish!0
Need this ASAP, as dragging objects to a different swimlane doesn't impact the connector key points.. So I now have to manually drag every key point to a new location.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.